Visit our new online shop for beautiful gifts and healing oilsAlchemiss - online wellness shop in Cape Town
During winter I make up for all the soup I didn’t eat during summer. This spicy tomato and sweet red pepper soup is packed with flavor and texture. Not to mention that with all the Vitamin C from the tomatoes, it will instantly warm you up from the inside out. Throw in some grilled cheese sandwiches, a dry white wine and a couple of friends and you have a dinner party!
1. Cut the red peppers in half, remove seeds and place face down under the grill until blackened. Remove the skin, chop roughly and set aside.
2. In a large stock pot, fry the onion, garlic, red pepper, oregano, curry powder, salt and pepper in olive oil.
3. Add the the rest of the ingredients and a few splashes Worcestershire sauce while bringing to the boil.
4. Remove from heat and blend the soup using a hand blender until you reach a smooth consistency. You should be able to see the fine texture of the onion and tomato but no large chunks.
5. Bring the tomato soup back to the boil and add the yogurt. Allow it to simmer for 15 minutes before serving with feta cheese, fresh basil and grilled cheese sandwiches.
*Be patient while the red peppers are grilling away: the blacker the skin, the easier it will come off.
* Serve with crispy bacon bits for a richer soup.